Another version of pakoda/fritter. These pakodas are super easy to make and you can choose which veggies you like to add in this pakoda. We usually prepared fritters using sliced onion, potato, banana, eggplant, zucchini, jalapeno chills sliced from the middle and dipped into besan (gram flour) and then deep fry it. These are gluten-free, nut free and vegan.
These fritters are served with masala chai during afternoon snacks. This is very famous during Ramadan as well. It is a quick snacks for the last-minute hunger strike. It can be done in no time. There is not much preparation required for the fritters. Let’s see how I made these fritters.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 big potatoes
Oil for frying
2 cups besan/gram flour
1/2 tsp each turmeric powder and red chili powder
1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1/2 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
Pinch of baking soda/soda bi carb
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl except soda. Add water and make thick batter. Thin batter would not stick to the veggies so I like my batter thick.
2. Peel potato and make thin slices. Also make thin slices of onion.
3. Heat oil in frying pan. Add soda to besan batter and mix well.
4. Drop few slices of potato in batter, cover with batter and then drop one slice at a time in hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry on medium heat. Turn the fritters few times so they are cooked well from both sides. When slightly brown, remove on paper towel.
5. Follow the same process for onion pakoda.
These fritters are amazing! Ajwain and coriander seeds adds a lot of flavour. Ajwain also makes it easier to digest. Try it and let me know your feedback. Also let me know if you have any questions regarding this recipe.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Facebook Bhavna’s Food Journey
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey