Thank you all my lovely followers, celebrating 2,000 followers on my blog ❤ ❤ . Sharing this special recipe for all you special people.
Who doesn’t like soup in this cold winter days? My family loves this Chinese style spicy soup made with lot of vegetables. The fresh ginger and garlic makes it very flavourful and adds the warmth in winter. We love Hakka style Chinese food and when we go to the restaurant we always start with this soup. This soup is loaded with vegetables and very easy to prepare. You can add any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. You can also dd seasonal vegetables or something unique like asparagus, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, etc.
This soup is vegan, gluten-free and nut free. This recipe makes about 4-5 bowls of soup.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup chopped green beans (french beans)
1/2 cup slices mushrooms
1 can of sliced water chestnut (optional)
Small piece of ginger cut in gimlets
3-4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
2-3 spring onion chopped
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp hot sauce or Sirach sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Chop and prepare all the vegetables.
2. In a small bowl, prepare sauce using corn starch, soy sauce, hot sauce and black pepper powder. Add 1/2 cup water to this mixture, mix well and keep on side.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in the pan. When oil is hot, turn down the heat to medium and then add chopped cabbage, green beans, mushroom slices and white portion of spring onion. Stir the vegetables frequently. Cook this for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are cooked slightly. Then add ginger and garlic. Continue to cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Then add spring onion and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add 4 bowls (soup bowl) of water and also the sauce you prepared before and mix well. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes until soup thickens a bit. If soup is too watery then you can add corn starch and water mixture and cook for few minutes. Add water if it’s too thick. Adjust the salt accordingly. Remember soy sauce is salty so taste before you add more salt.
5. Serve when it is hot. You can garnish with spring onion. You can also add fried noodles while serving.
Try this hot and aromatic soup. The ginger adds wonderful flavour and it is irresistible. I usually serve this soup as a starter. Hope you enjoy this soup as my family does. Try it and I am sure it won’t be the last time.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy cooking!
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!
Pinterest Bhavna’s Food Journey.
Instagram Bhavna’s Food Journey