Weekend is almost here, so why not spend some time cooking something special for breakfast/brunch! There is a saying Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a pauper! I completely agree with this saying. I am a big fan of breakfast. When we go to the restaurant, I prefer to go for a brunch rather than dinner. I find it hard to digest outside food at night.
So here are healthy power packed breakfast ideas from different regions of India and around the world.
1. I grew up in Mumbai, Maharashtra so here is something special from this region which is very close to my heart. It is spicy but very healthy roti made with roasted legumes and one of my favourite. This roti is gluten-free 🙂
ThalipeethThis is also another recipe very famous in Maharashtra. It is made during the weekend in many households. You can add vegetables and nuts of your choice. This is a gluten-free dish.
2. Let me take you to Gujarat, where my dad was born and moved to Mumbai. Gujarati’s love dhokla, muthia and fafda 😉 ;). Moong dhoka are high in protein and tastes amazing. Muthia are steamed so it is good for you. Who says no to delicious fafda? I know it is not healthy breakfast but it is for special occasion or when we have overnight guest at our house. These recipes are also gluten-free.
Gujarati Fafda Gathia
3. North India where people indulge in different types of paratha. I love paratha stuffed with paneer, potato and cabbage. Here are some easy paratha recipes especially for you!
Broccoli Cabbage Paratha
4. One of my favourite cuisine is South Indian food. We frequently go to South Indian restaurant for brunch. Here is what I like to eat 😛 :P. These recipes are also gluten-free.
Multigrain Spicy Pancakes
Mysore Masala Dosa5. Few more ideas from around the world for young and adult 🙂 :). These recipes are gluten-free.
Buckwheat Banana Pancakes
5. And last but not least, here is my special masala chai. Breakfast is incomplete without this aromatic tea.
So this weekend eat breakfast like king and have fun trying out new easy dishes :). I am sure your family will appreciate your effort!!
Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the dish.
Thank you for stopping by to check out my blog :). Until next time!
Check out my Facebook page and like to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!