Hello Fellow Chefs,
This is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for lazy evening or weekend brunch or pack it for lunch. I like to try different flavours with Indian ingredients, so came up with Paneer Burrito. Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese which is easily available in most Indian grocery stores. I have added Mexican flavours to Paneer which tastes delicious 😛 😛 !! To make burritos, I am using regular tortilla but you can use gluten-free tortilla if you are on gluten-free diet. Kids will also enjoy these burritos. This recipe serves 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
350 gm paneer crumbled
2 small bell pepper of any colour sliced
1 onion sliced
1 tomato chopped or 1/2 cup tomato puree
2 garlic cloves grated
2 tsp taco seasoning
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
8 medium size tortilla
1 onion sliced thinly
1. Thinly slice 1 onion for stuffing and another one for garnishing. Slice both pepper. Crumble paneer.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat. Saute onion for 1 minutes, then add sliced pepper, sliced tomato or tomato puree and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until pepper slices are slightly cooked. Then add paneer, taco seasoning, mix well and simmer on low for 1 minute covering the lid. When all the flavours are blended together, turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. Use the flat surface to prepare tortilla. Spread 2 tbsp paneer mixture close to one end of tortilla. Add few slices of onion and spread green chutney. First fold one end, then both sides and then completely roll it as shown in the picture.
4. In a non stick pan, cook burritos until golden brown from all the sides.
5. Enjoy these burritos while it is hot.
Hope you enjoy this recipe with your family! Please comment below and let me know how it went.
Check out my Facebook page and like the page to receive the latest recipes in your news feed!