I love to cook food from different region of India. This is a very famous dish from southern part of India. Main ingredient in the dish is rice. This is an Indian version of crepes. This recipe serves 2-3 people.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Rice – 2 cups
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Mix rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in pot and soak it in a water for 4-5 hours
2. Grind it in to a fine paste and make a soft batter. Add salt, mix well and leave it in a warm place for 8-9 hours until batter is fermented.
3. When ready, heat the Tawa or flat pan (I use the cast iron pan) and grease it with oil.
4. Always make 1st dosa very small and thick so does not stick to the pan and then wipe the pan with wet cloth.
7. Fold the dosa and carefully remove form pan. You can eat this dosa plain or with masala, it is still delicious 🙂
I would love to know if you tried making this dish at home and share your experience with me 🙂
Please do leave a comment or let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Until next time!